Anyone who has ever experienced a migraine knows that it is much worse than just a bad headache. Lasting anywhere from 4-72+ hours, migraines leave people sensitive to light, nauseous, and debilitated. Migraines may (but don’t always) progress through 4 stages: prodrome, aura, headache, and postdrome.
- Prodrome: One or two days before a migraine you may notice very subtle changes that mean a migraine is coming: constipation, depression, food cravings, hyperactivity, irritability, neck stiffness, increased yawning.
- Aura: Aura can occur before or during a migraine. Auras are nervous system symptoms that typically show themselves through visual disturbances such as flashes of light. Most people experience migraines without aura, but aura may include seeing bright spots, vision loss, pins and needles sensation in an arm or leg, or speech issues.
- Attack: Left untreated, a migraine usually lasts between 4 and 72 hours. During a migraine you may experience intense pain on one or both sides of your head, pulsing pain, sensitivity to light and sounds and smells, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, and lightheadedness.
- Postdrome: This final phase occurs after a migraine attack and leaves you feeling drained and in need of recovery.
While prescription medicine is available to help migraines, they often come with a lengthy list of side effects and do NOT treat the cause of the migraine.
Chiropractic care provides a great solution to this problem by
- Providing a doctor who can identify and correct vertebral subluxations in the spine which cause migraines
- Treating your migraine at its source so you have them less frequently or not at all
- Increasing nerve function so your body can restore balance and heal
Get Relief Today!
Migraines are a serious issue that deserves a serious solution. Call us today for your appointment!
Call today to schedule your FREE Consultation 651.300.0205