For those suffering from pain of any kind, life can be miserable. Neck pain in particular, whether it is chronic neck pain or acute neck pain, can have multiple effects on a person’s day to day life. From the nagging pain which just never seems to go away, to full-on debilitating pain that restricts movement, neck pain is a broad and all too common problem.
Whichever way it affects you, at Vertical Chiropractic Health Center the treatments we have and offer will help reduce your pain, reduce your reliance on painkillers, muscle relaxers and other dangerous treatments – and help you get back to enjoying life again. In order to help you decide whether chiropractic treatment is right for you, you may like to take a closer look at how chiropractic treatment can help you.
Symptoms of Chronic Neck Pain
- Stiffness and soreness particularly when moving the head from side to side
- Sharp, stinging or shooting pain which is felt in one place
- Radiating pain which spreads into the shoulder and arms. This is often referred to as nerve pain and can be felt as a burning or searing pain.
- Pain can increase when you hold your head in the same position for any length of time, for instance when driving or working at a computer
In more severe cases neck pain can lead to:
- Tingling, numbness or weakness, with a pins and needles type of feeling in the neck, shoulders, upper back or even all the way to the finger tips.
- Headaches, from muscle tension or pinched nerves which could lead to loss of balance or dizziness
- Difficulty in lifting or gripping objects
How Does Chiropractic Treatment Help?
At Vertical Chiropractic Health Center we understand neck pain and we know how much of a life-changing and life-limiting problem it can be for our patients so we take very seriously the care and rehabilitation of patients with neck pain. We have an impressive team of staff who are all dedicated to helping the patients and the wider community of White Bear Lake, Minnesota and Maplewood, Minnesota. Dr. Tim Rowh constantly strives to update, improve and build on his vast experience and knowledge base in order to give patients the best possible care.
The things which cause chronic neck pain are variable but the Mayo Clinic explains that much of the problem lies in the simple fact that it is the weight of the head and the flexibility of the spine which makes the neck so vulnerable to injury.
Causes of pain include:
- Muscle strain due to overuse from hunching over a computer screen or grinding your teeth
- Worn joints due to deterioration of the cartilage
- Nerve compression due to herniated discs or bone spurs
- Injuries like whiplash damage sustained in an automobile crash or sports injury
- Diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, cancer or meningitis
If any of this applies to you then it is imperative that you get expert help as soon as possible. Dr Rowh, at Vertical Chiropractic Health Center is highly skilled in helping patients in the White Bear Lake and Maplewood area overcome their neck pain through a highly specialized form of treatment tailored to the patient’s exact needs.
When you visit us for an appointment you will get the benefit and reassurance from knowing that your doctor will start by identifying the cause and source of your neck pain in order to give you the best possible personalized care.
We are specialists in:
- Locating and correcting spinal misalignments called subluxations
- Correcting spinal nerve interference and restoring nerve function to provide long term relief
- Treating your problem at the source – not just masking your symptoms
You owe it to yourself to tackle the issue of your neck pain and not just carry on with the medication, which ultimately become less effective with long term use. The treatments we provide depend on the individual condition but all have the certainty of offering a long lasting solution and relief from your pain.
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment?
It is very common for those living with chronic neck pain to simply continue on with painkilling medication, generally taking higher and higher doses just to find less and less relief from the pain. Eventually though, you have to consider other treatments, and if you are looking at whether chiropractic treatment is for you then let’s go through the benefits.
According to Spine Health chiropractic manipulation is usually the first line of treatment for neck, upper back, shoulder and arm pain as a means of reducing pain, improving motion and restoring correct function.
- Gets You Back on your Feet
According to the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractic treatment is not only one of the safest forms of treatment, it is more effective in getting patients back on their feet and enjoying life again than traditional forms of medical treatment.
- Identifies the Source of Pain
Conventional pain-relieving medication can do no more than mask the pain and in some cases can make things worse by allowing you to carry on functioning whilst aggravating the problem. Chiropractic treatment first locates and identifies the source of the pain and then gets to work realigning and repositioning the vertebra to restore function and correct alleviate your pain long term.
- No Need for Surgery in Many Cases
Some medical doctors’ first inclination is to offer surgery for chronic neck pain however surgery carries a range of risks including those associated with post-surgical bedrest such as muscle wastage and thromboembolism. Other risks include irreversible damage, increased pain, decreased range of motion, paralysis and even death. Chiropractic treatment works with the body’s own natural healing abilities without the need for any downtime or dangerous side effects.
- Improvement in Quality of Life
Living with chronic neck pain can be debilitating and can seriously curtail your life. It doesn’t have to be this way though. Chiropractic treatment, by identifying the source of your pain and providing a long term solution, can improve your quality of life - allowing you to get back to living it the way you want.
How Vertical Chiropractic Health Center Can Help You!
At Vertical Chiropractic Health Center, we understand that many sufferers of chronic neck pain ‘put up with’ their condition despite the fact that their social and working lives may be seriously compromised as a result of it. They may even believe that if they carry on medicating that the pain will somehow, miraculously, go away.
We know that this never happens; pain doesn’t just ‘go away’ and this is why we want to help. Dr. Rowh and his staff, are ready and waiting to show you just how much your life can be made better through the holistic treatment that is chiropractic.
Take the first step to feeling better and getting your life back and call us at (651) 300- 0205.
Call today to schedule your FREE Consultation 651.300.0205